Tuesday, September 13, 2016


The following is a page from my book on personality grooming and development. In due course, we'll be sharing excerpts from the book so that you get some tips while knowing what the book is about. If you haven't already, read our post on how to position your feet; how to walk properly on this blog.

Coming to perfumes, it is too hard to find a genuine perfume these days, especially if you are looking one for men. All of them are deodorants with high percentage of alcohol.

DON'T TRY TO TASTE IT. This alcohol is pretty different from one you have at bars

Personally, I dislike the smell of AXE; They add mandarin to it; I don't know if that adds to smell, making it intolerant. Science says mandarin attracts females and hence those "falling angel ads" you see on TV and elsewhere. Check the package to make sure what you are buying. If you look carefully, the less advertised deo have lower level of alcohol. For example, Yardley and Park Avenue are more of deo compared to AXE and Wild Stone. Even within the brand, there are groups you'll find repelling. Take Yardley Elegance. It has lower concentration of alcohol. But Yardley Gold, on the other hand, has enough concentration to set your body on fire.

A genuine perfume would be too costly even if you find it. If you are looking for better perfume (+deo combo), check the level of alcohol in it. The higher the level of alcohol, the more it will smell bad once the real perfume wears off.

We do not generally check the ingredients while buying perfume and often confuse deo with perfume. A genuine perfume will never have alcohol - they use other solvents like oil etc. If you find them, do share with others in comments or in message so we put it out for suggestions.

If you are looking for a deodorant or alcohol based perfume, always check for the amount and percentage of alcohol in those spray cans. For example if the packaging says 73pp, you may assume that for every 100ml, you are buying 73% of just methanol alcohol. Not that the remaining 27% is perfume. It could have other ingredients too. Check them out.

Problem with the above post? Send us an email